Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Front Page Stories
 Beyond Investigation Forum : Front Page Stories
***Hi Spider******Hi Spider***
Subject Topic: eBay "Haunted" Items Sell Big Time!
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Pat EiC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/May/2006 at 1:37pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

I have to admit that BIM has, in the past, purchased a few items on eBay that were claimed to have been haunted. In all of those cases BIM was simply testing the claims made by the sellers and to this date, we have no physical evidence to prove even one of them to be as the seller claimed.

Pat EiC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/May/2006 at 2:00pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

The money spent by BIM on these tests was relatively small. The budget was set aside for this project so our loss (money spent) was already calculated into the project. All of the items were under $40 and yet, anyone with half a brain would not have wasted a dime on any of the items.

So in answer to the question, "Why did you spend money on the items and what really did you gain if they held no proof of any haunting/spirit activity?" Simply put, the results (regardless of what it is) are in themselves the story. So BIM had something to gain regardless of whether they were haunted or not. It gave BIM another article containing scientific tests and results for the magazine and for our ongoing data collection.

That leads me to the point of this article. When I see items on eBay being sold daily under the description that the items are haunted in some way and in a lot of the descriptions, the seller is somehow frightened or even attacked by these items, I shutter to think of some poor sucker buying into almost (almost, because I do not have the ability to test every item sold) all of these claims.

A case in point... On eBay i found this particular item. The long tale given by the seller makes the potential buyer feel that the seller has boxed up pure evil. The item started out for sale at $2.00 and someone bid. A second bidder jumped in and the bidding war was on (and still is). This old tattered stuffed bear is now at $320.00 and the bidding continues.

People, please let your common sense question your compulsive bidding BEFORE you bid. At best, don't you think that if the claims were true that the news would have been all over it? Think before you throw your money away.

Edited by Pat EiC on 06/May/2006 at 2:02pm

Brian
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11/May/2006 at 8:17am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

The item mentioned above has been pulled twice by Ebay, and has been relisted again here. It is over $500 currently.

Hell, if folks insist on throwing away money on this garbage, then I have a garage full of items that are posessed by the spirit of Buddy Hackett. Let me know what you'd like.

Back to Top View Brian's Profile Search for other posts by Brian Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

***Hi Spider******Hi Spider***
Printable version Printable version